What if we looked past the failures and bad days – and focused on the good things?
What if we ignored the big life events, major accomplishes and looked at the big picture – or better yet – the every day life?
In the end, in 2017, I was happy. Living a normal life. Waking up in the morning, drinking coffee, working. Relaxing, spending time with my family, friends and myself. Laughing, crying and laughing some more. I got to see sunrises and beautiful sunsets. I got to swim in the big blue sea and I got to come home in the evening and take a long shower. I got to eat pasta on the sofa. I got to spend yet another year with the man, I never knew existed. I got to jump, sit and dance. So maybe – just maybe – it was the best year of my life.
- I was determined, more than ever, to set goals, work hard & achieve them
- I trained hard and was in a very good shape – and so was Risto (those long runs in complete darkness and rain pouring down our neck, oh boy)
- The dream holiday at the most beautiful destination – Holbox, Mexico. I still think about those two weeks there pretty often
- The most lovable baby girl was born and I became an aunt – I got the news, while I was in Mexico and immediately started crying
photo: Natalie Vilen
- After the sunny holiday, Winter seemed to be over and I was all about that sunshine and Spring
- I was excited to meet some new people and make blogger friends
- I was finally getting rid of the green and yellow hues in my hair and my hair started to feel like me again
- We confronted the snowy weather and went to have an outside barbecue (Risto’s brother is always ready to go out in the woods, no matter the season) – Summer was right behind the corner, aight?
- I became my own super model and was really killing it in front of the camera (thanks to the many photoshoots done with my sister)
- I worked hard and collaborated with 39 Finnish beauty bloggers
- I rode my happy bike in the air and basically was enjoying life and not taking myself too seriously
- I was photographed by an actual photographer and I loved it
- We had the most epic space party ever and I got to cover my face in glitter
- I was finally ready with the most important blog post, I had ever written here before. So the story of me getting another chance in life was published
- I made some brides very happy by doing their makeup – it was an honor to be a part of their big date
- We travelled to Amsterdam and I loved every second of it – especially me eating a waffle after having some drinks and taking bites between hiccups (It’s pretty common for me to have the hiccups after having just a few drinks)
- We continued our travels and flew to Berlin. I was super grateful for the hot summery weather, we got to experience for the first time in that Summer, really
- We did the shopping for the entire year (at least that was our excuse), rented a very nice car and drove speeds, that are only permitted on the autobahn
- Risto participated in the writing of this blog, when I collaborated with Sudio and we both wrote our reviews
- I turned 23!
- After the holiday and Summer it was all about work again – I challenged myself and participated in a beauty competition (I didn’t get selected)
- I was basically only posting Summer photos on Instagram, because Summer is life and I was not ready for Fall
- I started a collaboration with my dear friend and an amazing cosmetologist, @kosmetologianu. The highlights of my year must be the monthly brazilian sugarings, haha. I also trust her with my lash extensions
- We planned a bachelorette party for my sister and it was all but success, except the super bad cocktails, I was in charge of (in my defence, I had just been sick for the last two weeks and was missing some important ingredients) – “Do I have to drink this..?” She didn’t
- Basically pre-December, so jingle bells all around – Yes, I put up the Christmas tree and was having the time of my life
- I got super close to my blogging goals with visitors to the roof!
- I decided to grow my natural hair colour and trusted my hairdresser with this project – she toned it a little and cut it to make it look healthy
- I learned to treat my curly hair and stopped brushing it – every day is another “look at this perfect curl right here!” day. So far Risto is managing just fine “Yes yes looks beautiful”
- I enjoyed a very peaceful Christmas that was everything I hoped for (relaxed, with lots of Chocolate and not much plans)
- I was stressed, freaked out and in the end realized – that it was the best year of my life. Just like the next will be