A phone call with my sister went about like this:
“Jassu, can I do your makeup? I’m fed up with my face and I’ve lost my inspiration.”
Gladly it’s easy to get makeup models and familiar faces even let you do whatever makeup you want. My other sister challenged me to do colorful looks for pride week. Pride is celebrated with rainbow colurs and you see a lot of rainbow eyeshadows and lips. I love colours but I didn’t want to do a basic rainbow liner this time. I wanted to play with colour placement and do something different and fun. I also wanted the look to be more wearable so instead of using all the colours I picked one from the rainbow: blue.
And guys. Blue eyebrows. I mean blue ombre eyebrows. Yes! Did someone talk about wearable? Funny, this time I had to do a blue eyeshadow look to go with the eyebrows – to balance the look. Ha.
I think this makeup is one of my favourites.
We were in a hurry but I still took some making of photos. So here are the before, in between and after photos!
- I primed the brows with white pencil and a light eyebrow definer (Zuii’s). I applied the white color as seen in the photo and the brow product to the start of the brow.
- After that I applied the blue eyeshadow to the end of the brow and a darker brown colour to the front (Rimmel).
- I finished the look with brown brow mascara and blue mascara in the end of the brow.
Foundation, highlight, contouring thing happening here.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Zuii Organic Eyebrow Definer in Taupe
Rimmel Brow This Way in Medium Brown*
IsaDora Tropical Garden Palette* (blue)
Sleek Arabian Nights Palette (blue)
Maybelline Brow Drama Scuplting Brow Mascara in Medium Brown
Kiko Milano super colour mascara in 07
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Palette in 30* (you can see in the photo how I applied this)
Everyday Minerals Finishing Powder*
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Clarins Splendours Bronzer
Jane Iredale Flawless Blush*
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
Jane Iredale Lipgloss in White Tea*
I talked about classic makeup and how it suits about everybody here. So I decided to do a tutorial about that! In this look I’m doing all that basic foundation stuff, warm brown eyeshadows and coral red lips. If you want to know how to achieve this beautiful makeup look or just want to see the process, keep on reading!
FACE/BROWS – RVB Lab The Makeup Smoothing Primer/ MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in 140 / MUFE Pro Sculpting Kit in 30 / Everyday Minerals Multitasking Concealer& Finishing Powder / KikoMilano Desert Dunes trio Baked Blush in Gypsy Pink / Guerlain Brow Pencil in Blonde / Maybelline Browdrama in Medium Brown
1. Apply primer to clean moisturised skin. You can find help on choosing what primer and other crucial makeup basic stuff here.
2. Apply foundation with beautyblender. I recommend applying 1-2 thin layers instead of putting on too much foundation at once.
3. Do your contouring and highlighting. I added also blush since I have it in my palette. Not a fan of contouring? Just add a touch of blush and lightly bronze your face to give it warmth.
4. Set your face with powder. I used a lighter powder (multitasking) in the same spots that I applied my highlighter and the regular (finishing) powder on the rest of my face.
5. Do your brows. I’m really not a pro at this so I promise to do a tutorial once I have my brows under control. Just do your best.
EYES – Urban Decay Primer Potion / Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar / Zuii Organic Eye Pencil in Black / Benefit They’re Real Mascara/ Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes
1. Apply primer to your lids and set it with powder or eyeshadow that matches your skin. I used ‘Coconut Creme’ from my palette.
2. Apply ‘Butter Pecan’ or other light shimmer colour to your inner corners as well as your brow bone.
3. Apply ‘Bon Bon’ on your lids. Press lightly to get the best pigment.
4. Apply ‘Peanut Butter’ to the crease and slightly above it – depending on your eye shape. I have hooded/deep set eyes so I take it quite high.
5. Blend. It’s up to you how visible you want your colours to be or if you want the colour to fade towards the brow bone.
6. Apply ‘Truffled’ to your outer corners and make a wing out of it. What? Okay so let’s keep on reading..
7. So here’s how it’s supposed to look when you close your eyes. It’s this V-shape/wing thing. Okay? Good. Then blend it out ’cause that looks ridiculous.
8. Apply the same shade ‘Truffled’ to your lower lashline as well. Be sure that the colours meet in the outer corner. So it’s like a line from your lower lashline all the way to the end of your brow as you can see from the third picture.
9. Line your eyes with black or brown pencil or eyeliner. I did a soft line with my black eye pencil.
10. Curl your lashes, apply mascara and fake lashes if you want to.
LIPS – MUFE Aqua Lip in 15C / Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick in Cheeky Coral
11. I really recommend using a lipliner before applying lipstick. It helps to see where the lipstick should go. You can start with your cupid’s bow and just line a half of your lip. Then I recommend smiling ’cause then you can see how your lip looks naturally. Now it’s easier to make the other side match to the other. Just do all weird motions with your lips so you really get the colour to all the cracks and your lip shape looks natural!
12. Add lipstick and smile ’cause you’re done and you look fabulous!