It’s no wonder that the oldest of my siblings got the good news first.
There are five of us and I’m the youngest. So the oldest one of us – my brother – and her beautiful girlfriend surprised us with the news in the summer. It was – and still is – so exciting and I can’t believe I’m gonna be an aunt. Luckily I’m not alone with the task and the baby will have four overly-excited aunts waiting for her!
My brother and Tiina wanted some photos of the last sweet moments with the belly so I did my best with the photos. I did Tiina’s makeup too and I got to decide all the colors. Since it’s about pregnancy and a baby girl I chose soft, romantic colors such as light pink and purple. This was not the first time I’ve done Tiina’s makeup – here is a post where I did her makeup for the very first time. I actually remember that day very well – Tiina had just got the news about the pregnancy and we were talking about it. Now here she is with her pregnancy glow and the baby bump.
Life, and the beginning of a new life is beautiful. And love. I couldn’t be happier for my brother.
MONUSKIN Illuminating Primer
Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
Everyday Minerals Multitasking Concealer
Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Zuii Organic Eye Shadows in Blossom and Blackberry
Urban Decay Naked 3
Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara
Jane Iredale JellyJar in Purple
Rimmel Brow This Way Palette in Medium Brown
I love blue eye shadow. I’m always drawn to it. If there’s a palette with blue shade in it I’m gonna choose it. Or if there’s a beautiful blue single eye shadow I’m gonna buy it. I love blue. And I think blue suits many eye colors – especially if you pair it right. Black eye shadow works with anything but especially with blue. Anyway – let’s get to the tutorial and to my makeup tips for this beautiful look!
Before. Starting with a clean base. Nothing on my face here (except moisturizers I applied in the morning.)
Primer. Here I’m wearing MONUSKIN Illuminating Primer. This makes my skin dewy and it evens out the color a bit. It’s also a bit sticky so the foundation sticks to it better.
Foundation. Here I’m wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in the shade Ecru. This offers full coverage and makes my skin look flawless. This foundation is gold.. as you can see.
Contour, Highlight & Blush. Here I’m wearing Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Palette in shade 30. I have a video where I show you exactly how to use this palette here. It’s important to apply at least some blush and bronzer when you’re using a full-coverage foundation so that you don’t look like a ghost. (Just compare this pic to the Foundation pic.)
Brows. I’ve been loving Guerlain Brow Pencil in Blonde ’cause it gives my brows a natural finish with just enough color. Essence make me brow -gel in blonde shade makes my brow hairs stay neat and gives them a bit more color.
Vice 4 tutorial – blue &purple eyeshadow look
For eyes I wanted to do blue kind of a smokey eye with a pop of turquoise on the waterline. I included the brushes in this tutorial, let me know if you find it helpful.
1. First I applied a primer. Then I started to contour my eyes just above the crease using Zoeva 225 brush and the color ‘Discreet’. This helps to get the right shape for the darker shadows and works as a transition color.
2. Then I applied the ‘Beat Down’ blue on my lid with a CS 13 brush. I used a tapping motion and blended it really carefully using that same brush.
3. I applied ‘Beat Down’ also on my lower lashline using that same CS 13 brush. Then I blended all that blue shadow using CS 10 brush.
4. Then I applied some depth using the black ‘Deadbeat’ shade. I applied it to my outer corners and a tiny bit to my lower lash line too using a CS 12 brush. I blended it using the same CS 10 brush I used blending the blue.
5. Then I added some light shimmer to my inner corner and to my brow bone. The shade I used was ‘Bones’ and the brush was CS 15.
6. I did an eye liner and added mascara and fake lashes. I also lined my waterline with a turquoise liner.
With matte lip creams you want to make sure your lips are not dry. So use a lip balm before applying makeup to them. I love Hurraw! lip balms and they are the only ones I use.
1. I lined my lips and colored them in using Stagecolor Liner Stick in Plum Red.
2. Then I applied two coats of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania. It’s a tricky color to get even – but so pretty.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.