I never thought I would love a brown lipstick, but it just so happens that I do, and I also just bought mom jeans. It happened, okay?
And while I’m on the subject, I also never thought I would be the kind of person to ask Risto to buy “the good kitchen utensils”. But here I am, excited about kitchenware. And not laughing when he makes research for the best possible ones. Yes, he actually does that. One of the many reasons I love him.
Sometimes the trends just grow on you or you happen to try on a pair of jeans that feel like second skin. These are those kind of jeans. I love them. And since my sisters have already seen me show these a dozen times, I thought I would share my new awesome jeans with you.
Summer can be stressful, if you worry about making the best out of it and try to do as much as possible. I mean, I can’t be the only one already worrying about the warm nights disappearing soon. But what if this year you focused on actually relaxing and enjoying the littlest of things? I’m speaking to myself, of course. The queen of stress.
At first I thought about skipping the whole summer bucket listing thing, but then I decided to make a new version of it: the no-stress summer bucket list.
My no-stress Summer Bucket List
– Try new ice cream flavors I’m stuck on my favorite ones, but you got to make life exciting, right?
– Make a mojito for a friend BaRisto is already open and mojito tastes just as good as I remembered. I’m pretty sure I make the best mojito ever – thanks to having the best teacher (you’ll never guess who). Maybe I should share the recipe here?
– Visit Porvoo at least once
This is actually a tradition with Risto. He took me on a date to Porvoo on our first summer together and ever since we’ve done day trips there regularly. It’s a lovely, beautiful little city with nice cafes and restaurants. And the best decoration store, where we always look at things, but never buy. If you’re visiting Helsinki during summer, and you have time, I urge you to to make a day trip to this beautiful city. This one I could actually already check out, since we went to Porvoo a while ago. But who knows – maybe we’ll go again!
– Run a half marathon This might not sound stress-free to everyone, but I actually run pretty regularly. We also have a tradition with my sisters to run our own half marathon every summer (if we’re in the same country). So this year as well we’re running that 21 km, but we’re doing it casually. I’m not focused on getting it to a certain time. I just want to run and have fun!
– Have a birthday party It just so happens, that a five is creeping up in front of the two on my written age. I’m turning 25 soon and I figured I have to drink to that.
– Have a holiday I’m also planning on keeping a little holiday at the end of July. So it’s gonna be at least a week without my laptop and blogging. I spend so much time just sitting and working on my content, that a little break does me good. And no, you won’t really see the holiday here. I’ll have some posts scheduled.
– Have a no-makeup day Or two. Or a dozen. Freckles and beach hair it is.
– SUP AKA Stand Up Paddle Supping is really fun! You get to enjoy the sea, the weather and get a nice little exercise at the same time. I did this last year and I definitely want to do it again.
And that’s it! I definitely don’t feel stressed about this list. Just the opposite actually – I can’t wait for my holiday and all these weekends and nights I have to dedicate on enjoying life. We’re not doing any big trips this time, but we did plan a little getaway to Estonia. Tallinn is such a beautiful city and what’s best is that it’s so close.
My outfit White Shirt – Jennyfer (similar *here)
Light blue bralette – *Lindex (similar *here)
Joggers – Boss
Bag – *Michael Kors